A Blog by a Utah Sarcioid Fighter!

My reflections and journey day to day.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Just keep getting out of bed!

I find the best way to start my day is to get out of bed! Usually I feel like "death warmed over," but once I'm up, get dressed, and drive to the corner to get my Coke Zero, I feel partially human.  Then comes breakfast and my many, many medications.

Even though I hate the idea of taking medication (some that have serious side effects), they are keeping me relatively functional, keeping the pain to a minimum (sometimes), and making my life better.  I am so grateful for great health insurance that keeps me "drugged up" and pays my many doctor bills. I don't know what my life would be like without it.  I have been so blessed.

So, I guess this blog entry is what comes after a couple of bad weeks (because of flareups of sarcoidosis) of increased pain and with resultant lower level of function.

I am grateful to be through with the flareup for the most part and that I can "keep getting out of bed" each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment